Plantera is a hardmode boss from the game Terraria. She can be fought after Skeletron Prime, The Destroyer, and The Twins have been defeated.
Plantera has two forms that she uses in-game. The first form resembles the Plantera Bulb, which must be destroyed to spawn her in. The second form bears a resemblance to a Venus Flytrap. She uses three vine hooks to latch onto walls.
Plantera can spit spiky balls at the player as a form of ranged attack. These spiky balls bounce on solid tiles and continue to deal damage when airborne. She also uses her massive vine hooks to follow you across the map. When the player returns to the surface, Plantera will become enraged and follow the player.
Upon death, Plantera will drop items such as:
- Temple Key
- The Axe
- Pygmy Staff
- Grenade Launcher (plus 20-49 Rocket 1's)
- Venus Magnum
- Nettle Burst
- Leaf Blower
- Flower Pow
- Wasp Gun
- Plantera Mask
- Plantera Trophy
- The word plantera in Swedish means "to plant".
- This boss bears a resemblance to Kalle Demos from The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker, as well as Biollante from the Godzilla movies. Both are giant flower creatures who eventually transform into a much more dangerous form with gaping, tooth-filled mouths.
- The name "Plantera" is a word play of the American metal band Pantera, which is Redigit's girlfriend's favorite band.
- Plantera is among the hardest bosses in Terraria (the Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon, and Duke Fishron are more difficult).